Click to Enlarge Map:
The mission of the College Neighborhood Association is to encourage the preservation and integrity of our historic homes and neighborhood, monitor neighborhood issues, enhance safety and security for neighbors, build long-term residency, promote volunteer activism, and build a sense of community by bringing neighbors together.
College Neighborhood Assets:
- This neighborhood is the center for higher learning. Idaho State University with its beautifully groomed campus, distinctive red hill and amphitheater-styled track is an ascetic beauty as well as leader in several academic programs offered.
- Snuggle up with a book and an Italian Soda at the College Market. You’ll be joining the crowd that enjoys scintillating discussion with a tasty drink.
- Neighborhood charm oozes from this neighborhood from the well-manicured lawns to the themed decor work.
- Join the neighbors for an annual plant exchange in early June.
- Check out the Marshall-Spreyer home, the recipient of an Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, 2010. It’s big and it’s blue and it’s very beautiful!
- Keep Kids Alive Drive 25, City-wide traffic calming program, was born in the College Neighborhood. Several times a year, neighbors put up signs and carry posters reminding motorists that they are traveling in a neighborhood drive with care! It’s a good message for everyone.
Meetings are held at the College Market at 604 S. 8th