Click to Enlarge Map:
Keeping the Whittier neighborhood on track by bringing together residents and businesses to increase the pride, safety and beauty of the neighborhood.
Whittier Neighborhood Assets:
- Check out the first ever CLEANING MUSEUM! A phenomenal venture by cleaning guru, Don Aslett, sports a world globe (the museum was built around the globe literally), a re-creation of Noah’s Ark and a history of the vacuum cleaner that will entertain and inform you.
- Bordered on the west by the railway yards, Whittier neighborhood has toyed with the idea of being the Warehouse Neighborhood. The modern, chic look of warehouses adds a special flair to the businesses that have cropped up in the neighborhood. Portneuf Brewery brings an endless stream of musical talent to the community combined with delicious foods and brews. Kinport Junction is a delightful mix of commerce and the rest of the street offers more of the same. Have an eclectic taste, come visit, you won’t want to leave!
- Being the west neighbors of Idaho State University, this neighborhood is home to several hundred ISU students. The energetic, transitory nature of students brings its own ups and downs, but the positive far outweighs all else.
- Looking for a peaceful walk down memory lane, try the cemetery! The combination of walking trails up hills behind the cemetery, the multitude of flora and the mix of old and new headstones make it a lovely experience.
- Ross Park and the Aquatic Center on the southern border of the neighborhood are a community favorite. Want to scale lava rock cliffs? You can do it here! Want to float the lazy river, play disc golf, run a marathon, choose a new pet from the animal shelter or listen to a live band concert through July and August? All of that and more is available at Ross Park.
- Watch the transformation on the 1500 and 1600 blocks of South 2nd. NeighborWorks® Pocatello is working diligently to showcase what revitalization looks like.
No events are scheduled at this time.