Click to Enlarge Map:
Experience the Beauty of Bonneville
Through our assets of diversity, inclusion and resourcefulness we create an environment of loyalty and trust where neighbors can experience friendship, support and empowerment.
Bonneville Neighborhood Assets:
- The Lasting Legacy Monument, found in the heart of the Bonneville Neighborhood proclaims this neighborhood the heart of diversity in Pocatello and its surrounding communities. From our early history as a railroad town, the different nationalities drawn to Pocatello tended to settle in this area and develop cultural pockets, with remnants still visible today. An eclectic mix of Chinese, Greek, Hispanic, African American and Italian are all represented.
- Bonneville is the hub of our legislative services. You will find the County Courthouse, City Offices and the Federal Building all find Bonneville Neighborhood to their liking!
- Thanks to the active work of the Bonneville Neighborhood Association, Pocatello was granted a community center which eventually became the home of the Greater Pocatello Community Senior Center. This center hosts lunches, bingo, karaoke, dancing, games, computers, tax preparation, health screenings and so much more for our elderly.
- Distinctive Churches: Some of the most beautiful churches in town can be found here. a. Greek Orthodox Church often hosting the Greek Festival b. Saint Anthony’s Church surrounded by the Catholic School and former St Anthony Hospital which has been renovated to be a Senior Citizen’s subsidized housing
- A neighborhood Community Garden at 6th and Hayden Streets is a lovely addition to the neighborhood. Neighbors rallied to transform a barren lot to a luscious garden of fruits, vegetables and flowers that add beauty and a delicious harvest to neighbors including the residents of the St Anthony Senior Living Center. This garden was started under the guidance of Bobby McCullum.
- This service-oriented neighborhood plans an annual backpack full of school supplies give-away. The event is a huge success and fills a special need in the community.
The association meetings are on the 3rd Saturday of the month from 3:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. at the Bonneville Community Center.